शुक्रवार, 23 अप्रैल 2010

DIVINE MESSAGE - 23.04.10

Once a disciple said to Swami Sivananda ji, “Well Swamiji, I quite realize that contentment gives peace. But, I have a doubt. If I become contented, all my ambitions will die. I will become lethargic and lazy. On account of my various sorts of ambitions, I move about hither and thither; I exert and am energetic. Kindly remove this doubt of mine. I am quite bewildered.”
Swami ji simply replied, “Contentment can never make you idle. It is a sattvic virtue that propels man towards God, gives strength of mind and peace, checks unnecessary and selfish exertions, opens the inner eye of man and moves his mind towards divine contemplation. It transmutes the gross energy, viz., greed, that is forcing man towards selfish exertions, into spiritual energy. That man who is contented is full of Sattwa. He is more energetic now, turns out more work calmly with one-pointed mind. He is always peaceful. All the dissipated rays of the mind are collected now.”

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं: